BALASUNDRAM BALAN –M.Eng (U. Malaya)/IFE S’pore
Principal Consultant and founder of SAIMATRIX, an HRDF certified training provider company.
Engaged in training and consultancy with auditing expertise in areas of Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, Fire Life Safety, Food Safety Management System and Environment Management since year 2000. With prior experience and exposure in chemical processing plants, stepped into the hospitality industry where his experience as an Engineer was utilized for Shangri-La hotels and resort pre-openings in India, Republic of Maldives, Indonesia, Sultanate of Oman, France and Malaysia. Has been assigned for further skill enhancement in the Philippines, Hong Kong and China. Have taken key roles in the implementation process of ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 with exceptional experience in establishment of the systems. Currently associated with locally established premier hotels and resorts as a visiting consultant, trainer/coach in establishing performance standards on targeted objectives and goals.
- Post Grad – PhD (Engineering-Environmental Management)
- Occupational Safety, Health and Environment – MEng (U.Malaya.)
- Institution of Fire Engineers U.K –Institution of Fire Engineers – IFE S’pore
- Certified Safety and Health Officer (SHO) by NIOSH, Malaysia.
- Registered Safety and Health Officer with DOSH/JKKP, Malaysia.
- Certified Trainer – HRDF/PSMB
- Certificate in Management from Malaysian Institute of Management(MIM)
- Certificate in Internal Auditor Training from Neville Clarke- IAQS
- Shangri-La Hotel, Penang/Traders Hotel (ISO 14001:2004)
- Golden Sands Resort, Penang (ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007)
- Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
- Traders Hotel, Chennai, India (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
- Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, Indonesia (ISO 14001:2004)
- Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort &Spa, Muscat, Oman (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
- Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa, Republic of Maldives (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi, India (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
- Shangri-La Hotel Paris, France (Engineering/Fire Life Safety Systems)
Professional Trainings Attended
- Formaldehyde Process Plant start-up, Fayetteville, North Carolina, US
- Fire Life Safety / Engineering Workshop in Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Fire Life Safety / Engineering Workshop in Shenzhen, China
- Fire Life Safety / Engineering Workshop in Manila, Philippines
- Corporate Social Responsibility Champions Workshop, Beijing
- Fire Life Safety / Engineering Workshop in Kuala Lumpur